Last modified: December 14, 2017
TAKE A BED, LLC (“Company” or “We” or “TAKEABED“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download and use the TAKEABED Agent App. and the TAKEABED TRAVELER App. (the “Apps“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in these Apps, in email, text, and other electronic communications in connection with these Apps and the Company website and to any users of the services of TAKEABED anywhere in the world. This includes those who use TAKEABED to:
- Request or receive travel services, including support. (Travelers).
- Provide travel services (TAKEABED Agent Partners)
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access when having the Apps open.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
These websites, apps, and third parties [may] have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Privacy Notice under GDPR
If you reside in any country in the European Union or European Economic Area, you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective May 25, 2018: (a) to require us to send you a list of the personal information stored with us; (b) to ascertain the purposes and time periods for which we store the data; (c) to rectify inaccurate data or to complete incomplete data; (d) to obtain a copy of all personal information that we hold or have us transfer it in electronic format; and (e) to require us to delete all of your personal information. To make any such requests, email@example.com, and provide your address so we know that the GDPR applies. We will verify your identity before we send personal information.
Children Under the Age of 14
The App is not intended for children under 14 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 14 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 14, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Apps:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Apps and our services.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use the Apps. This includes information provided when you:
- Create or update your TAKEABED account and this may include your name, lastname, email, phone number, login name and password, address, preferences when travelling, payment or banking information, government identification numbers, birth date, photo and any other information the Apps collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law.
- Consent to a background check (for agent partners where permitted by law)
- Request services through a TAKEABED app or website.
- Contact TAKEABED, including for customer support.
- Contact other TAKEABED users through our services.
- Complete surveys sent to you by TAKEABED or on behalf of TAKEABED.
Information created when you use our services
This information includes:
- Location information
Depending on the TAKEABED service that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, TAKEABED may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are an Agent Partner, TAKEABED collects location information when the TAKEABED Agent App is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- If you are a Traveler, TAKEABED collects location information when the TAKEABED Traveler App is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time and details of transactions you carry out through the Apps and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Apps. Additionally, if someone uses your referral code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage Details.
- Device Information
When you access to our services we may collect information about the devices, including the hardware models, operating systems and version, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information and mobile network information.
- Calls and text messages
We enable users to call or text each other through the TAKEABED Apps. For example, travelers that already have a reservation with us may contact Agent Partners to get destination travel services. To provide this service, TAKEABED receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call-text, and the content of the text messages. TAKEABED may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes and analytics.
- Stored Information and Files
The Apps also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
We may collect record and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us. Also we may collect your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted“) on public areas of websites you access through the Apps or Company website (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the Apps or delete them from your device or you may opt out at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App [and our emails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages [or opened an email] and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).]
Information from other sources
When you use the Apps or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. Also, TAKEABED may collect and combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession. These third parties and sources may include:
- Users providing feedback, such as ratings.
- TAKEABED business partners through which you create or access your TAKEABED account, such as social media services, payment providers or apps, or websites who use TAKEABED’s APIs or whose API TAKEABED uses.
- Marketing service providers.
- Analytics companies.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Apps. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
The data we collected and stored is used for the execution of our services, including but not limited to:
- Enable travel services.
- Administering your bookings and forwarding your details to the Travel Suppliers you have booked with.
- To connect travelers with TAKEABED agent partners.
- To connect travelers with TAKEABED employees, such as Customer Service representatives.
- Provide you with the Apps and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us
- Process or facilitate payments for those services.
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a reviews or responses, refer a friend to TAKEABED, share hotel details, share payment vouchers o share offers.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing and research, and monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Enable marketing actions.
- Enable chat services.
- Give you notices about your subscription] including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Apps and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Apps according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Apps.
Personal data will only be shared with third parties if this is necessary to carry out services on request of the User. If you carry out a booking at our Apps, we need to transfer relevant details to the Travel Supplier(s) you have booked with. This may include information such as your name, contact information and payment information.
We use the payment distributor Authorize.net to collect and tokenize your credit card details and send your payment instructions to the Travel Supplier in a safe way. For that purpose, your credit card information is encrypted and send to Authorize.net, which are PCI Level 1 compliant and a registered service provider with both Visa and Mastercard.
We may also share your data where required by law, where we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities, or in case of a corporate transaction or an affiliated company, a merger, consolidation or asset sale.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates and business partners.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- With other users
- For example, if you are a TAKEABED agent partner we may share your first name, photo, average rating given by travelers and preferences to other travelers.
- For example, if you are a Traveler, we may share your name, preferences, personal information to TAKEABED Agent partners.
- With your consent.
- At your request.
- For example, if you share travel details or payment details with other travelers.
- For example, if you contact our customer service or any other department that may assist you with your reservation and travel.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of TAKE A BED, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by TAKE A BED, LLC about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website or App, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Apps EULA, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TAKE A BED, LLC, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Device Permissions. Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Uber app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Uber app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Apps to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Apps may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Ratings Look-Up. After every service is done (reservation, chat, trip, destination, Advises, etc.) TAKEABED Agent partners and Travelers are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the service went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both agent partner and travelers. Your Traveler rating is available in the main menu of the TAKEABED Traveler App. Your Agent Partner rating is available your account menu in the TAKEABED Agent Partner App.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address/Contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Apps and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]). You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email [or text message] stating your request to email@example.com
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]. You can also always opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email [or text message] stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Apps and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. We are PCI compliance and we use Authorize.net gateway to encrypt all the payments.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
TAKE A BED, LLC
1915 Hollywood Blvd, Suite 202, Hollywood FL 33020.
Or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org